On 02/09/2018 01:13 PM, Russel Winder wrote:
On Fri, 2018-02-09 at 16:10 +0000, Seb via Digitalmars-d wrote:

[…]
Dub is not dead, it just has limited resources.

So , if the D community want Dub to work as a build system as well as a
package manager, extend the resources by corralling the grumblers and
support them into fixing code and creating pull requests.

Whilst grumbles on the email list are not turned into evolution of Dub,
the D ecosystem does progress.

[…]

Been there, done that, put enormous work into it, a TON of arguing to little avail, found the code architecture difficult to work with, and ultimately my merged PRs barely made a dent at solving my issues. Gave up. I'm convinced the problems with dub are fundamental and often philosophical.

After my experience tring to improve dub, I'm 100% convinced what we need is a package manager designed from the ground up to NOT be anything but a package manager.