On 11/02/2018 10:54 AM, Russel Winder wrote:
On Fri, 2018-02-09 at 17:20 -0500, Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via
Digitalmars-d wrote:

[…]
Been there, done that, put enormous work into it, a TON of arguing
little avail, found the code architecture difficult to work with,
and
ultimately my merged PRs barely made a dent at solving my issues.
Gave
up. I'm convinced the problems with dub are fundamental and often
philosophical.

The vocal minority of the moment is very anti-Dub as build tool, hence
Atila wrote Reggae, and may put renewed effort into D support for
SCons, CMake, and Meson.

To have the debate now is different to having the debate then. Then
there was no data, just effort that created Dub, Dub was the only
constructive activity at the time.

It wasn't.
I was working on my own build system with dependency management when dub was created. I stopped after dub was first released because it meet my every need for a D build manager.