On Monday, 12 February 2018 at 00:24:32 UTC, Bastiaan Veelo wrote:
On Wednesday, 7 February 2018 at 09:27:47 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
One thing that I really need in druntime is a cross-platform way to allocate executable memory-pages, this can be done by someone else.
Is this on someone's agenda? It probably needs an enhancement request at the very least, I don't think it's there yet [1].

Was once on my together with other OS memory manager functions, but postponed the work indefinetly.

https://github.com/dlang/druntime/pull/1549

If someone is willing to revive that I’d gladly assist with review.

Lastly on Windows it would need FlushCpuCaches call before executing new memory.

And ofc JIT is cool, but it would be more cool to have sane interpreter that doesn’t leak sooner. Simply put JIT is x5 work due to different architectures and seeing first-hand how it goes I’m not sure we want that in our compiler yet.