On Monday, 12 February 2018 at 23:54:29 UTC, Arun Chandrasekaran wrote:
Sorry if I'm hurting someone's sentiment, but is it just me who is seeing so much negative trend in the D forum about D itself?

Here's an example from 2013, just a few months after I started using D. Andrei posted that Facebook had started using D in production. Someone thought the best possible response was to post this:

When you will look at claim that some language (lets take for example C# or Java) "supports feature X", that really means that the feature is supported. In D this for sure means that the feature is either broken or misdesigned (shared libraries, routine code breakages, obsolete ms32 object format, AA arrays, shared, const postblits, odd template crosstalk bugs, type system holes, segfaulting lambdas, unstable stdlib, absent of third-party libraries). Untill this stuff is fixed this is a huge barrier irrespective of whether D is used in Facebook or not.