On Monday, 2 April 2018 at 07:05:45 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
DIP 1013 is titled "The Deprecation Process".

https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/d8f6bfa1810c9774bd7d3b3dc6a7a6776ed5e17e/DIPs/DIP1013.md

I've been thinking about the deprecation schedule being measure in terms of releases, and I don't like it. How was the 10-version schedule determined anyway; probably because it equated to 2 years under the current release schedule (1 year as a deprecation warning, 1 year as an error). So time is the intrinsic impetus. If we were to move to a schedule of releases every 6 months, would that require a deprecation period of 5 years? I sure hope not. Or, if we were to move to a schedule of releases every month, would the deprecation period be only 10 months? Cool!

I suggest making it "a minimum of 2 years and a maximum of 10 releases", or something of that nature.

Mike