On Wednesday, 18 April 2018 at 12:40:44 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
2. Somewhere, it should state that the goal is for the typical deprecation cycle for a symbol to last approximately two years and that the number of releases was picked on the assumption that we would have approximately 5 - 6 major releases a year. So, if at some point in the future, the typical number of releases in a year changes for whatever reason, the number of releases of the deprecation cycle should then be adjusted so that the deprecation cycle stays approximately two years long.

At the moment we have a clear bi-monthly release cycle (1st of every odd month).

In the long-run I'd like to transition to one major releases every 6 months and strictly non-breaking, non-deprecating point releases every 2 months. So far there wasn't much interest in the necessary development adjustments though.
https://forum.dlang.org/thread/drcekmxvfszpwifbu...@forum.dlang.org