On Saturday, 26 May 2018 at 09:01:29 UTC, rumbu wrote:
Sorry, but the mistake here is the fact that you wrongly assume C behavior in C#.

Yes it is. But that does not make differentiating concat and addition in language desing any less worthwhile. In car crashes, the mistake is usually made by a driver, but I know no-one who says safety belts aren't worthwhile.

Adding chars to an existing string will result in a string as in the language specification.

In fact I didn't make the mistake there. What surprised me was that adding two INDIVIDUAL chars result in a string. When op+ is srictly for mathematical summing, there are no ambiquites.