On Sunday, 27 May 2018 at 09:55:56 UTC, Mike Franklin wrote:
On Friday, 25 May 2018 at 23:47:33 UTC, sarn wrote:

[...]

I'm very much interested in doing something about these functions. __xdtor is just one. There are others at https://github.com/dlang/druntime/blob/54ab96e9977e0c6baa7ed9740810058fd4aec6ef/src/object.d#L1212-L1229. __xtoHash is currently causing problems at https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/8222

TypeInfo has become my nemesis. I've been trying to replace runtime hooks that depend on TypeInfo with templates that can get their information at compile-time, but I'm running into all sorts of problems. e.g. Did you know array.length can be set in @safe nothrow pure code, but it lowers to runtime functions that are neither @safe, nothrow, nor pure?

Anyway, I'm getting better at modifying the compiler/runtime interface. If we can come up with a solution to this mess, and I can understand it, I might be able to implement it.

Mike

You are replacing runtime typeinfo with compiletime templates. Unless you can guarantee that the type information won't change during runtime, you are going to have a hard time.

Alex