On Friday, 29 June 2018 at 10:12:28 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:

I can tell you that DConf Asia is something the Foundation is interested in. It's also something I plan to work toward making happen eventually. We discussed this at our Seoul meetup recently. What I need to know before anything can happen is how large the Chinese and Japanese D communities are.

I guess the best place to start is to organise meetups in the countries first to gauge interest and the size of the D community in those countries, and then there can be some communication between the local meetups aiming at organising a more regional DConf?