On Friday, 29 June 2018 at 10:50:52 UTC, Joakim wrote:
On Friday, 29 June 2018 at 09:31:05 UTC, 鲜卑拓跋枫 wrote:
On Friday, 29 June 2018 at 09:20:55 UTC, Joakim wrote:
On Friday, 29 June 2018 at 09:03:19 UTC, 鲜卑拓跋枫 wrote:
   [...]

I get the sense that the US and Germany have the largest amount of heavy D users, which is why all the DConfs so far have been held in those two countries. Three of the five largest D Meetup groups are in those countries:

https://www.meetup.com/topics/dpl/

However, Ali notes significant interest in his D book in China and Russia (also see updated stats later in that thread):

https://forum.dlang.org/post/oarr8l$19rh$1...@digitalmars.com

Japan may be in third place for heavy users, as Kenji Hara and a few others are significant contributors, and they certainly tweet about dlang:

https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/dlang

It may be a good forward-looking move to hold one of the next two or three DConfs in Japan or Hong Kong, perhaps working with Laeeth and the Hong Kong Meetup group.

Thanks for sharing these info!
Maybe China is also a good candidate:), as we know that Chinese companies like PuTao(http://www.huntframework.com/) is using D for their production environment and has been contributed to many D open source projects.

I coincidentally just read this blog post, that summarizes a lot of my thoughts against conferences and meetups:

https://marco.org/2018/01/17/end-of-conference-era

Maybe a good first step would be a mostly online DConf geared towards Asian timezones? I could help out with arranging those online talks.

It seems that people in different countries of Asia may live in different timezone.