On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 5:05 AM, bearophile <bearophileh...@lycos.com> wrote:
> dsimcha:
>
>> I'm thinking of giving another try to writing a plotting library for D.
>
> I like what you have written.
> I suggest this as the rendering layer, because it's beyond awesome (used in
> MatPlotLib too):
> http://www.antigrain.com/

AGG's renderings do look nice.  But it will require significant effort
to use, as it is written using highly templated C++, and no one has
attempted a port to D at this point.  Also it doesn't do windowing, so
you still need to solve the window creation thing (but you could use
something simple like SDL in Derelict for that.)

However, assuming QtD includes QGraphicsView
(http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/qgraphicsview.html) I think that would
be the least-effort route to make a plotting tool with cross-platform
antialiased graphics.  And it gives you plenty of head-room to grow if
your charter grows beyond the initial idea of a bare-bones plotting
tool.

--bb