dsimcha wrote:
== Quote from retard (r...@tard.com.invalid)'s article
Sat, 12 Dec 2009 05:10:24 +0000, dsimcha wrote:
2.  Native look and feel.  IMHO this is very overrated.  I've never
found that a Java-ish or GTK-ish or whatever look and feel instead of a
native Win32 look and feel got in the way of me using a program
effectively.
The win32 look and feel doesn't look native on linux/mac/solaris.

Right, the implication here was that I mostly use Windows and I've never really
cared if an application I use has a GTK-ish or Swing-ish or whatever look and
feel, as long as the application is well-coded, responsive and does what I need.
I'm speaking purely from personal opinion/experience here, but I don't
understand
why people care so much about platform-native look and feel as long as it works
and is usable.

I think native look and feel is a lot more important in, say, a web browser or a word processor. I don't care so much about which GUI toolkits Gnuplot or Mathematica use...

-Lars