My issue is you're presenting solutions. But I have no idea what the problem is, because every time I present a solution to the examples you give, you say it's no good, because your problem is something else.

I cannot reverse engineer what the issue is from your proposed solution.

My second point is that changing the language is a last resort solution, not a first resort.

Thirdly, C and C++ are loaded to the gills with seemed-like-a-good-idea-at-the-time solutions that turned out to have bad unintended consequences that bork up the language for everyone down the line. D has some of those, too.

Forgive me, but:

   extern (C++, "ns")

has a definite smell about it of something going awry, and the idea that it shouldn't introduce a scope because nobody relies on C++ namespaces being in a scope despite that being the whole point of namespaces is a giant red flag of something terribly wrong somewhere.