On 8/17/18 11:04 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
On 8/17/2018 11:17 AM, bachmeier wrote:
This is a good example of D needing to evolve or fizzle out. I don't see evidence that the community has yet figured out how to evolve the language. If it had, these problems would not be around for so many years.

We deprecate features of D all the time. (Remember the D1 => D2 wrenching change?)

Hm... if you are going for "all the time", the example of D1 to D2 transition is pretty dated.

I'd say more like the addition of UDAs was a big evolution. Or maybe UFCS.

The reason @safe cannot be default at the moment it because -dip1000 needs work, and nobody is willing to pitch in and review/pull my PRs on it.

I would, but I have no idea how dip1000 is supposed to work. I think only you understand it. Even looking at the PR that you have been citing over and over, I can't make heads or tails of what it does or what it allows.

-Steve