On Wednesday, 22 August 2018 at 01:07:28 UTC, Mike Franklin wrote:

But what bothers me the most...

Something else that rubs me the wrong way is that DIP 1000 is currently in a status of `DRAFT`: https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/master/DIPs/README.md

What the heck is going on here? We're adding features to the compiler and modifying Phobos in production releases based on a `DRAFT` proposal?

Furthermore, I find it hypocritical that some of us are put through a disproportionately burdensome DIP process requiring thorough documentation, multiple peer reviews, excessive delays, and judgement that defaults to "no" for some of the most minute changes to the language, but a game-changing feature like DIP 1000 can just be amended on a whim.

Mike