On Friday, 5 October 2018 at 16:11:05 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
On Thu, Oct 04, 2018 at 11:51:02PM +0000, Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d wrote:
On Thursday, 4 October 2018 at 19:18:15 UTC, JN wrote:
> Seems like the issues with the forum got worse. It's hardly > usable today, most of the time I am being greeted by "forums > are being overloaded" message.

Yeah, painfully aware. I've been trying a bunch of different things all day, and looks like things are back under control now. I think the metal is reaching its limit, or there's just too much stuff running on the machine - it continued to be really slow even 10 minutes after I completely stopped the forum process.

Maybe it's time for the Foundation to fund dedicated hardware for running the forum software? If we're reaching the limit of the hardware, there's not much else that can be done.

Why not use some Cloud Services instead of worrying about hardware?

Al.