"Steve Teale" <steve.te...@britseyeview.com> wrote in message
news:hjf9uk$1tr...@digitalmars.com...
>I see that Go has now usurped D's former place at #13 in Tiobe - which I
>realize of course does not mean anything. But I'd be interested to hear
>what the D aficionados think of Go.
>
> It probably would not suit Andrei.

It's a gimped, obfuscated and immature imitation of D.
It's little more than a concurrency-model experiment masquerading as a real
language.

Also:
- As far as I'm concerned, its real name is "Issue 9" (search "google go
issue 9").
- It's the Buick/Cadillac/Oldsmobile of computer languages: Garbage that
gets attention solely because of the name(s) attached.
- Does nothing to change my opinion that Google has done nothing noteworthy
outside of search engines and maybe their ad service.