Am 31.03.2010 20:16, schrieb Robert Clipsham:
On 31/03/10 16:09, Robert Clipsham wrote:
On 31/03/10 10:41, Eldar Insafutdinov wrote:
On Linux dmd outputs faulty debug info.

There are several bugs in the debug info on linux, one of them I've
fixed (for most cases ie. anything that requires phobos, I'm working on
the other cases ie. anything that needs funky libraries that use a lot
of complicated function pointers), and another one you've sent me a
massive test case for which I'm working down to a manageable size for a
bug report now (I'd have done it by now, your make file doesn't play
nicely with my multilib system though ;)). Other than those 2 bugs I
don't know what else is blocking debug info on linux... I'm becoming
quite familiar with DWARF/dmd's backend code for DWARF through all this
debugging, so if I can get these bugs fixed I'd be happy to work on any
others while I have time.

Having played with the testcase you sent me, it isn't another bug. You
were using -g instead of -gc, which won't work until debuggers support
the D extensions to debug info. When using -gc it gives the error as
reported in bug #3987, so it should work when that is fixed.

Does this mean, the -g option only works in compination with the ddbg debugger and all other debugger need the -gc option?
I need this to set a defaultsetting in codeblocks!