Walter Bright wrote:
Bernard Helyer wrote:
I guess the trouble is if you use a special syntax like `import http.`, then one has to modify the source of the application to install it locally, no?

I'd like to emphasize that this idea is specifically about not having to install anything. You just type the correct package name in the import declaration, and the compiler system takes care of the rest.

He meant something else - the fact that changing one's mind about a package's location (remote vs. local) entails doing surgery on the source code.