On 2010-06-02 21:34:32 +0200, Andrei Alexandrescu said:

The signature for non-class types is:

T* emplace(T, Args...)(void * address, Args args);

The function creates an object of type T at location address and initializes it with args. Returns a pointer to the just-created value. I needed this function for TightArray.

Hi, does this already work? This would make it possible to allocate T within a memory-mapped file. I would like to give it a try.

Not sure how to deal with re-allocation problem as pointers within the MMF need to be MMF relative and not absolut. IMO via operator overloading this should be possible to handle in the background.

--
Robert M. Münch
www.robertmuench.de