On 2010-06-30 04.39, Walter Bright wrote:
Robert Jacques wrote:
On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 18:26:51 -0400, Walter Bright
<newshou...@digitalmars.com> wrote:

Justin Johansson wrote:
Yes, I agree that libcurl might be a choice as a backend. Is
its license okay?
From http://curl.haxx.se/docs/copyright.html

Looks ok to me.

It doesn't look okay for Phobos to me. The MIT/new BSD license is not
BOOST compatible. In particular: "this permission notice appear in all
copies" which includes binary copies.

I emailed Daniel Stenberg, the author, about that. His reply is:

On Mon, 10 May 2010, Walter Bright wrote:

 > Hello, I'm Walter Bright, the lead developer on the D programming
language. libcurl is the best networking library available, and we'd
like to base the D runtime networking support on it. The only issue,
though, is the clause in the license "provided that the above copyright
notice and this permission notice appear in all copies". Does this
include binaries? Or does it just apply to the source code?

Thanks for your interest in libcurl and your question!

The copyright notice is only for the source code, and possibly in the
documentation. It is NOT for the binaries.

I hope you'll find libcurl to do what you need, and I hope you'll
discover that the curl-library is a fine list for help and assistance if
or when you're in need!

Then it seems that he wants the Boost license and not the MIT license.

--
Jacob Carlborg