Hello bearophile,

Andrei Alexandrescu:

I explained how D works (which I think is a very solid design,
probably the best I've seen),

The D module system has some holes, most of them are already reported
in Bugzilla (some of them are more than just implementation bugs).

From your words I presume you have never seen the Python module system
:-) It lacks the holes present in the D one and its management of
packages is almost good.

With aliases and static/selective imports what can python do that D can't? I'll grant it might not be as clean, but everything I know of that python can do, I can think how to make D do. OTOH I'm no Python experts so I'd love to learn of some new nice features I can use.

--
... <IXOYE><