On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 16:37:36 -0400, Walter Bright <newshou...@digitalmars.com> wrote:

Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
Who is working on the D spec documentation, if anyone? I know Andrei and others work on the Phobos docs, but what about the D docs?

The D docs are actually part of the Phobos under source control, and the people who work on the library have commit privileges for it. Although nobody has checked in any changes to it other than the changelog and some minor formatting stuff.

I just did (fixed a lot of stuff in the array page).

A couple comments:
1. There is no guideline for updating the spec (at least that I could find). I deduced $(V1) and $(V2) and figured out what $(LNAME2) is, but lack of guidelines may be partially to blame for why few people edit it. 2. It seems like the documentation is HTML written as ddoc. I see $(P) tags, $(LI) tags, etc. Can't we just write it as HTML? I think many would feel much more comfortable that way. It's also more supported by editors. I forgot a closing parentheses on one tag, and it screwed up the entire page. I had to find it by hand, whereas an HTML editor could red-flag a tag without a closing tag, or you could run it through an XML verifier (if it's xhtml).

-Steve