On 26/08/10 07:57, Don wrote:
Walter Bright wrote:
bearophile wrote:
This is why I don't like a lot the current work done for the 64 bit
implementation.

A lot of groups cannot consider D unless it supports 64 bit compilation.

D2 has some design problems (I don't call them 'enhancement
requests') that if you want to fix may require to break backward
compatibility (they are things that can't just be added to the D2
language),
few months ago I have listed about ten of them here (and I think
Walter did
just ignore them),

71 bugzilla issues were resolved just in the last update. I don't
think it's quite fair to characterize the ongoing development as
ignoring the community. You list several things *per day*. I doubt any
organization could keep up with the sheer volume of your output <g>.
I'm not suggesting that you stop doing it, quite the contrary. I just
hope you can be realistic about how much can be done about them in the
short term.

Since February, 30% of bugzilla entries are from bearophile!
It's really impressive.

I kind of started thinking of Bearophile as the conscience of the newsgroup a while back ;-) Always sitting on your shoulder pointing out how things should be better or could be fixed. He really is a tireless user advocate!

As for the current directly, I think the most critical matter is bugfixes, bugfixes, bugfixes, which is why I was pleased to see that last changelog. It's disheartening to run headlong into a language bug every time I code something in D2.