BCS schrieb:
Hello Nick,

"Walter Bright" <newshou...@digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:i69jg8$2mu...@digitalmars.com...

retard wrote:

I doubt they have any power to fight the record company in these
kinds of issues. A friend of a friend signed a deal with a record
company owned by a multinational mother record company. Now they are
told where to play concerts, how the cd distribution is organized,
and when they are supposed to release the next two albums. That's
like slavery.

To put it mildly, to say such a thing is like slavery is patently
absurd. Contract or no, a record company cannot make you do anything,
regardless of what you signed. (Sign a contract with the military,
however, and they *can* make you.)

Secondly, people ought to read contracts before they sign them. It's
their own fault if they don't.

Until recent years, if you wanted to be a successful musician (aside
from scoring, and there's really only so much demand for that) you
*had* to sign one of those constracts. There was no choice - they had
an oligopoly on the entire market, and if you wanted in they had you
by the balls.

Contracts with children aren't legally binding because children are
not considered legally competent. Adults are.

I've seen very few adults I'd consider "competent", but oh well ;)

I always get the old versions of CDs before they were remastered :-)
as I don't care for the audio leveling.

I've always been unclear on what that is. Is that where they make the
volume-level relatively consistent? (If so, then I wish the DVD
companies would start doing it. I hate when I have to turn the volume
*waaay* up just to hear the dialog and then *waaay* down again to not
bust my eardrums as soon as music or sound effects come on. And then
tough shit whenever a character talks during an action scene. Never
had to deal with that crap on VHS.)

Subtitles, man. Subtitles. Heck, even at the right volume, I still can't understand what they are saying(/mumbleing) some of the time. (And my hearing is just fine.)

I've got the same problems with many american movies/series.
Synchronizations usually fix that, but translations often suck..

And I thought this was just a bad combination of "not native speaker" (so I have more trouble understanding spoken english) and "too many Motörhead concerts" =)

Anyway: Subtitles are definitely helpful.