On 10/13/2010 07:43 PM, retard wrote:
Wed, 13 Oct 2010 16:24:12 -0700, Jonathan M Davis wrote:

On Wednesday, October 13, 2010 16:06:18 sybrandy wrote:
On 10/12/2010 09:57 PM, Michael Stover wrote:
Elephant appears dead.  Poseidon's activity is extremely low and is
still alpha after 5 years. LEDS is even less active, and DDT doesn't
have a release yet.  What do actual D programmers use?

-Mike

I stick with Vim.  Who needs anything else? :P

Casey

Proper code completion, correctly jumping to function definitions, and
various other features that IDEs generally do well tend to be quite poor
in vim. It can do many of them on some level, but for instance, while
ctags does give you the ability to jump to function declarations, it
does quite poorly in the face of identical variable names across files.
There are a number of IDE features that I would love to have and use but
vim can't properly pull off. When I have a decent IDE, I'm always torn
on whether to use vim or the IDE. vim (well, gvim) generally wins out,
but sometimes the extra abilities of the IDE are just too useful. What
I'd really like is full-featured IDE with complete and completely
remappable vim bindings.

I said that somewhat jokingly as I know that there are a ton of features that IDEs do provide. I just really hate them because they tend to be bloated and I tend to type faster than the autocomplete. Also, when working with a laptop or Linux command line from time to time, it's good to not have to rely on a mouse or software that needs to be installed.

I found this with a bit of googling: http://eclim.org/

I hated eclim. I found Vrapper to be much nicer as it just gave me most of Vim without doing things in a strange manner.

http://vrapper.sourceforge.net/home/

Casey