On 10/15/10 16:16 CDT, Kagamin wrote:
Andrei Alexandrescu Wrote:

I was talking to Walter about Kenji's adaptTo. We both think it's a very
powerful enabler, but adaptTo is a bland name. After discussing a few
marketing strategies, I proposed "duck". It's short, simple, and evokes
"duck typing".

1. adaptTo helped me to understand what it does, while duck!Drawable
doesn't.
2. I don't think it's duck typing, I'm affraid "duck" name is misleading.

It's duck typing all right. Membership to the target interface is
assessed based on the existence of that interface's methods. If the
object "quacks" like the interface, it belongs to the interface.

Andrei

Since this is the D implementation of duck typing, how about
DDuck!

Walt :-)