Max Samukha wrote:
I think that is a wrong approach to marketing. Even microsoft avoids giving fancy names to API functions. It is ok to give a fancy name to an API (Windows Presentation Foundation, etc) or a product but the mundane function names should be as boring and factual as they deserve it. It is poor programmers and not marketing folks who will be using them.

If it's a cringeworthy name, I'd agree. But "duck" is not cringeworthy.

As other people said, there are better ways of marketing D. For example, you may want to hire a professional web designer to make D's web site look less amateurish.

We're doing that, too.