Nick Sabalausky wrote:
On a more serious note though, just focusing on what something's good at amounts to wearing blinders and is exactly what turned Java into a puritanical piece of shit: "Java's good at objects, so let's pretend nothing else exists." And it's what made Haskell into something that practically no one uses for real-world work: "Haskell's really good at functional. So let's pretend nothing else exists." Of course, what makes D so great is that we all know perfectly well it tries to do a variety of things well, which is actually in contrast to what you're saying here.

I can certainly understand the impossibility of actually keeping up with bearophile, but I don't think that even he expects that every idea he brings up be rushed into D.

Balance is, of course, essential. So is prioritizing what is important and what is not.