On 31/10/10 10:59 AM, Paulo Pinto wrote:
What I found is that D also shares some fate with Java. Many people have a
bad opinion about
Java due to issues that are no longer true. In D's case many people still
refer to Tango\Phobos
issues and community issues.

These things go away with time. People used to complain about terrible template support in C++ compilers, but not any more.

I definitely agree that D needs more stability and tools. These things will come with time as well.

I also think that D needs some killer app(s) that people will look at and think "Oh, that was made with D? Maybe I should have a look at learning it..." Nothing shows what a language is capable of more than the apps that are made using it.