On 2010-11-03 23:28:38 -0400, Jason House <jason.james.ho...@gmail.com> said:

What's the minimal set of O-C integration that would make your work usable? I'd try to get that in early and incrementally improve functionality.

That's a tricky question that depends on what you mean by "usable". I'd say that supporting extern (Objective-C) classes and interfaces and constructors is the minimal functionality to make things usable. But is it acceptable to put into mainline DMD something that is scheduled to work differently once I implement the rest, such as the memory management section with automatic reference counting?

I'm know I should release things early to let those interested test it and give me some feedback (and create bindings), but I'm not sure whether it should be merged into the trunk so early. With Walter's permission, I could publish my git repository to let people peek at the code. I haven't done so before because it's a clone of the SVN repository and it contains the backend too, which is under a less open license.

--
Michel Fortin
michel.for...@michelf.com