"so" <s...@so.do> wrote in message news:op.vltk19pq7dt...@so-pc...

>>> This is one of the times (and this doesn't happen rarely) i am glad
>>> Walter
>>> is the head of D.
>>> It is total BS i am sorry can put it in a polite way.
>>>

>> How is it total BS?
>
> If a language is able to avoid bugs caused by uninitialized variables, it
> should.

Yes, and that is *exactly* why I've been saying the compiler should *track*
whether or not something has been inited and then bitch when it's used
without ebing inited, instead of just blindly tossing a '0' (or null, or
NaN) in there with absolutely no knowledge whatsoever as to whether or not
it actually *should* be starting out at  '0' (or null, or NaN).

> But when it comes to a system language you have to preserve the rights of
> those
> that know initialization is very expensive/or just plain unnecessary at
> some point, and want compiler to ignore it.
> "something a = void;" is a very elegant solution, and it is explicit, you
> have best of both worlds.

Uhh, yea, but what the hell does that have to do with what I said?