On 11/7/10 9:08 AM, Denis Koroskin wrote:
On Sun, 07 Nov 2010 18:01:32 +0300, steveh <steve...@hotmai.l> wrote:

Sounds more retarded than the notorious 'retard' here. It's because of
people like u that D3 might not come. If you disagree too much with AA
and WB they have no interest to make D3. This nonnull question might
be good place to give up.

Cool down and relax! His post wasn't actually that bad.

Clearly it is the preference of some that non-null references are the default (so then one can use e.g. an option datatype to model nullable references). It is also the preference of some that values are immutable by default. I think it's too late to change such defaults at this point.

I think it's reasonable to let the current references and pointers continue to be as they are, and work on @disable (particularly its interaction with constructors) to make it easy to implement restricted subsets of values. Then NonNull would be a useful library artifact among other ones.