If I import a module written by another person, I don't want to look in the docs every time to know if the names start with upper case or lower case, and I don't want a module of mine that uses three modules written by other people to look like a patchwork of different styles (because half of it uses an API with a style and half of it with another API and some bits written in a third way).

If you don't act now, adopting less tolerance, this will lead to a mess.

Bye,
bearophile

Having a coding scheme for standard library is a great idea and enforcing it quite possible,
all the standard libraries including D does this and it works alright.

Indeed, having an explicit coding style is a good thing but a language should not be eager to enforce syntactical issues IMHO. For example, NO one can make me write "C" before a class name. Even though some people think it is a great idea, it is just retarded.

On the other hand "someCode" was ugly to me at the beginning and i now started to think/get it can be better than "some_code".