On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 08:22:43 -0600, Mike Parker <aldac...@gmail.com> wrote:

People are absolutely free to write D code in any style they please. Only if they are contributing to the standard library should they be *required* to stick to the specific convention outlined in the docs. Otherwise, it's a matter of choice. I certainly don't want anyone dictating style to me on any projects I might make publicly available.

This. Style should be enforced only when you are contributing to a project where there's a previously one defined, like the standard library. And I think bearophile should stop being rude with people at the D.learn newsgroup.

--
Yao G.