Vladimir Panteleev:

> Yes, this was the main motivation behind my data.d module :) If you need
> to manage large blocks of plain data, the simplest solution at the moment
> is not to keep it in the managed heap.

Having to manually manage large chunks of boring memory, like very large arrays
of numbers, is not a shame :-) Sometimes you have to do that even with very old
CLisp compilers (see ITA Software). But I have to manage memory manually I'd
like to have some helpers in Phobos, like a hierarchical allocator (I have used
hierarchical allocators in C and I like them).

Bye,
bearophile