Russel Winder wrote:
Pity, because using one of Mercurial, Bazaar or Git instead of
Subversion is likely the best and fastest way of getting more quality
contributions to review.  Although only anecdotal in every case where a
team has switched to DVCS from CVCS -- except in the case of closed
projects, obviously -- it has opened things up to far more people to
provide contributions.  Subversion is probably now the single biggest
barrier to getting input on system evolution.

A couple months back, I did propose moving to git on the dmd internals mailing list, and nobody was interested.

One thing I like a lot about svn is this:

http://www.dsource.org/projects/dmd/changeset/291

where the web view will highlight the revision's changes. Does git or mercurial do that? The other thing I like a lot about gif is it sends out emails for each checkin.

One thing I would dearly like is to be able to merge branches using meld.

http://meld.sourceforge.net/