On 2011-01-08 15:36:39 -0500, Walter Bright <newshou...@digitalmars.com> said:

Lutger Blijdestijn wrote:
Walter Bright wrote:

Looks like meld itself used git as it's repository. I'd be surprised if
it doesn't work with git. :-)
I use git for other projects, and meld doesn't work with it.

What version are you on? I'm using 1.3.2 and its supports git and mercurial (also committing from inside meld & stuff, I take it this is what you mean with supporting a vcs).

The one that comes with: sudo apt-get meld

1.1.5.1

I know you had your reasons, but perhaps it's time for you upgrade to a more recent version of Ubuntu? That version is what comes with Hardy Heron (april 2008).
<https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/meld>

Or you could download the latest version from meld's website and compile it yourself.

--
Michel Fortin
michel.for...@michelf.com