"Andrej Mitrovic" <andrej.mitrov...@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.493.1294500734.4748.digitalmar...@puremagic.com...
> On 1/8/11, Jacob Carlborg <d...@me.com> wrote:
>>
>> Ever heard of TortoiseGit: http://code.google.com/p/tortoisegit/
>>

> I can't stand Turtoise projects. They install explorer shells and
> completely slow down the system whenever I'm browsing through the file
> system. "Turtoise" is a perfect name for it.

You need to go into the "Icon Overlays" section of the settings and set up
the "Exclude Paths" and "Include Paths" (Exclude everything, ex "C:\*", and
then include whatever path or paths you keep all your projects in.)

Once I did that (on TortoiseSVN) the speed was perfectly fine, even though
my system was nothing more than an old single-core Celeron 1.7 GHz with 1GB
RAM (it's back up to 2GB now though :)).