Nick Sabalausky wrote:
And CRTs are more likely to go up to really
high resolutions than non-CRTs. For instance, 1600x1200 is common on even the low-end CRT monitors (and that was true even *before* televisions started going HD - which is *still* lower-rez than 1600x1200).

Yea, you can get super high resolution non-CRTs, but they're much more expensive.

I have 1900x1200 on LCD, and I think it was around $325. It's a Hanns-G thing, from Amazon.

Of course, I don't use it for games. I got thoroughly burned out on that when I had a job in college developing/testing them.