On 1/16/2011 5:07 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
We'll be moving dmd, phobos, druntime, and the docs to Github shortly.
The accounts are set up, it's just a matter of getting the svn
repositories moved and figuring out how it all works.

I know very little about git and github, but the discussions about it
here and elsewhere online have thoroughly convinced me (and the other
devs) that this is the right move for D.

I'm sure you've already seen this, but Pro Git is probably the best guide for git. http://progit.org/book/

Once you understand what a commit is, what a tree is, what a merge is, what a branch is, etc... its actually really simple (Chapter 9 in Pro Git). Definitely a radical departure from svn, and a good one for D.