Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
With CRTs I could spend a few hours in front of the PC, but after that
my eyes would get really tired and I'd have to take a break. Since I
switched to LCDs I've never had this problem anymore, I could spend a
day staring at screen if I wanted to. Of course, it's still best to
take some time off regardless of the screen type.

I need reading glasses badly, but fortunately not for reading a screen. I never had eye fatigue problems with it. I did buy a 28" LCD for my desktop, which is so nice that I can no longer use my laptop screen for dev. :-(

Anyway.. how about that Git thing, then? :D

We'll be moving dmd, phobos, druntime, and the docs to Github shortly. The accounts are set up, it's just a matter of getting the svn repositories moved and figuring out how it all works.

I know very little about git and github, but the discussions about it here and elsewhere online have thoroughly convinced me (and the other devs) that this is the right move for D.