My two cents.

(Incidentally, when I learned to type -- in the USA in 1970 -- a "cents" symbol
was standard on the keyboard. Shift-2 or Shift-6, I think.)

Jacob Carlborg Wrote:

> LS -> lineSeparator/LineSeparator
> PS -> paragraphSeparator/ParagraphSeparator

These are established acronyms:
(http://www.unicode.org/standard/reports/tr13/tr13-5.html). I would leave them
as is.

> entab -> entab/spacesToTabs
> expandtabs -> expandTabs/tabsToSpaces

I prefer the more explicit "spacesToTabs" variants. I would have to double
check to see what "entab" means.

> ljustify -> leftJustify /justifyLeft

left/rightJustify is better, IMHO.

> lowercase -> lowercaseChars

"lowercase" is fine as is.

> newline -> newline

Mild preference for "newLine", but either would be fine.

> stripl -> stripLeft
> stripr -> striptRight

Yes, even though differs from left/rightJustify usage.

> tolower -> toLower/toLowercase/toLowerCase
> tolowerInPlace ->  toLowerInPlace/toLowercaseInPlace/toLowerCaseInPlace

toLower and toLowerInPlace

> toupper -> toUpper/toUppercase/toUpperCase
> toupperInPlace -> toUpperInPlace/toUppercaseInPlace/toUpperCaseInPlace

Ditto: toUpper and toUpperInPlace

> whitespace -> whitespaceCharsr

"whitespace" is fine as is.