The first abstraction is the takeExactly() function:

http://d-programming-language.org/cutting-edge/phobos/std_range.html#takeExactly

That function allows you to pick a determined number of elements from a
range, assuming the range is never shorter than that. That sounds a bit
obscure, but plays a pivotal role in findParts() (which is the name I
settled on for the equivalent of Python's partition()):

What is reasoning behind having length set on takeExactly's result (while if succeeds, you know it, or don't you?), and not on take's result (which can return a smaller number of elements)? I would expect the opposite, or both, but maybe it's only me?

Denis
vita es estrany
spir.wikidot.com