On 2/2/11 7:00 AM, spir wrote:
On 02/02/2011 12:24 PM, Denis Koroskin wrote:
On Wed, 02 Feb 2011 14:06:11 +0300, Magnus Lie Hetland
<mag...@hetland.org> wrote:

I think perhaps some adjustments could be made to the layout, to make
it more
suitable to narrow(ish) browser windows (c.f., the discussio about 80
columns
-- without starting a huge thread like that again ;)

For one thing, in narrow(ish) columns, ragged-right might be
preferable. Then
again, it may be that the way it looks on my end isn't what's intended:

http://www.idi.ntnu.no/~mlh/images/std-alg-docs.png

Left menu, Category and Function Name tables do take up about 800
pixels in
width, leaving very little space for Description on small resolution
displays,
mostly because of the large font size used and identifiers as long as
"largestPartialIntersectionWeighted".

While there is little we can do with identifier names, I believe font
size
could be reduced by about 30% without sacrificing readability. At
least in
Opera the page looks well even at 70% scale.

(Absolute) font size does not belong to the page designer, instead to
the user. Just press dedicated key binding (often ctrl-), or whatever
command to set it appropriately.

I'm not sure about that. Facebook's site is professionally designed and I think they use fixed font sizes all over the place.