On Sun, 06 Feb 2011 10:43:47 -0500, Andrei Alexandrescu <seewebsiteforem...@erdani.org> wrote:

On 2/6/11 6:01 EST, Tomek Sowiński wrote:
Nick Sabalausky napisał:

discard and fetch?

I like that.

What's missing is the part that they refer to front. Maybe discardFromFront() and fetchToFront()? But then I like discardFromFront() and appendToFront() better - the latter is about as long and more informative.

Don't forget that these are relatively rarely used.

Andrei

Actually, I don't think these functions would be relatively rarely used. I don't see that many people using a buffered input's popFront. Instead I see shiftFront in its place and an appendToFront call has to be made whenever buffer.front.empty.