On 2/6/11 8:57 PM, Robert Jacques wrote:
On Sun, 06 Feb 2011 10:43:47 -0500, Andrei Alexandrescu
<seewebsiteforem...@erdani.org> wrote:

On 2/6/11 6:01 EST, Tomek Sowiński wrote:
Nick Sabalausky napisał:

discard and fetch?

I like that.

What's missing is the part that they refer to front. Maybe
discardFromFront() and fetchToFront()? But then I like
discardFromFront() and appendToFront() better - the latter is about as
long and more informative.

Don't forget that these are relatively rarely used.

Andrei

Actually, I don't think these functions would be relatively rarely used.
I don't see that many people using a buffered input's popFront. Instead
I see shiftFront in its place and an appendToFront call has to be made
whenever buffer.front.empty.

Both byLine and byChunk are buffered inputs, are often used, and will have seldom use for the added functions.