On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 09:06:06 -0500, Ary Manzana <a...@esperanto.org.ar> wrote:

On 2/11/11 12:15 AM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
"Andrej Mitrovic"<andrej.mitrov...@gmail.com>  wrote in message
What the hell does "to!" have to do with anything. Disregard my last
post, it's obviously 3 AM and I'm talking gibberish.

I just meant that "iota" looks a lot like (spaces added for clarity) "i to a". In other words, the first time I ever saw "iota", I confused it for the old C function that converts an integer to an ASCII string. It may very well
have been 3am for me at the time ;)

You are the second one who confuses iota with itoa. Actually, the third, I confused it too.

According to the book "The Design of Everyday Things" the design of that function name is wrong, it's not your fault and it's not because it was 3am. When many people make mistakes with regards to the design of something it's *always* the design's fault, never the human's fault.

Also, C code is callable from D. consider a seasoned d coder who sees code like:

auto x = itoa(5);

what is he going to thing x is?

-Steve