On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 17:03:13 -0500, Nick Sabalausky <a@a.a> wrote:

"Steven Schveighoffer" <schvei...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:op.vqqsdxcaeav7ka@steve-laptop...

According to the book "The Design of Everyday Things" the design of that
function name is wrong, it's not your fault and it's not because it was
3am. When many people make mistakes with regards to the design of
something it's *always* the design's fault, never the human's fault.

I love that book, I wish more software engineers used it.  One of my
favorite classes at college.

I probably would have liked that class if my college hadn't degenerated it
into nothing more than "group VB6 project". Bleh. I always hated group
projects.  /me "Does not play well with others."

From what I can remember, I did not have to write any code in that class. I had to pick an item in my household and write a paper on what features were well designed and which ones were poor. I have a feeling you would have loved that ;)

-Steve