On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 00:58:48 +0200, Walter Bright <newshou...@digitalmars.com> wrote:

so wrote:
If you are against this reasoning, i don't have any idea why D has inline assembly, which again targets a very small audience.

The inline assembler is soooo much easier to deal with than the miserable, fugly assemblers found on the various systems.

The Linux as assembler is designed to crush all the joy out of writing in asm. The Microsoft assemblers change behavior constantly, breaking everything.

The inline assembler can't do everything a standalone assembler can, but what it does it does well enough, and is a pleasure (to me) to use.

That was not my question. I am not against inline asm, quite contrary it is one of the best things in D. I just tried to point out that both should be provided because of similar reasons.